The Encompass Pledge
Despite the fact that we are a for-profit company, 100% of our profits are donated to provide improved nutrition to orphans & vulnerable children around the world.Read More
47% of Americans make a New Year’s resolution. The other 53% are either too apathetic to bother, or they figure, “what’s the point?”, mostly because only 8% of people actually keep them. That’s not a very good stat. Whether your taking a test or looking at batting averages, 8% is an awful statistic! Chances are, if you are planning on making a resolution this year, it will be regarding your weight or health. It ranks #1 every year! So, what can you do to achieve your goal this year and prove to last year’s version of yourself that this year is different? We thought you’d never ask.
We recommend that you #EncompassYourHealth! This is a very simple idea. Living healthy is not complicated. Really! We promise. However, that’s not to say that it isn’t difficult (at least at first). To help keep things simple we’ve come up with a visual of a compass. Each direction is related to an area you should target in regards to your health.
The “N” of north stands for (N)utrition. If we are to be honest, this is probably the hardest one to follow through on. Eat lean meats, vegetables, fruits, and some whole grains. Stay within 1500-2000 calories per day. Making sure you start your day off with breakfast, eating light snacks throughout the day, and not eating late at night are additional ways you can keep the weight down and still feel energy throughout the day! There are however many nutrients you won’t get from diet alone. That’s where our products play a huge role in making sure you are maintaining all areas of your nutrition (Vitamin D, Omega-3, and Probiotic to name a few). For adults, Complete Adult is the only 1-a-Day multivitamin you need to take! There isn’t anything else out there that packs as much nutrition in one pill as we have. You’ll feel more energy, be healthier, and feel good about the fact that a signification portion of your purchase helps care for orphans & vulnerable children around the world!
Up next is (S)outh which stands for (S)leep. Every adult should be getting 8 hours of sleep each night. Get too little and you aren’t giving your body adequate time to rest and recover. Be careful though to not get too much of it, as studies show consistent oversleeping can lead to an increased risk in diabetes and heart disease.
If there’s one area of your health that people have a love/hate relationship with, it’s (E)xercise. We recommend at least 30 minutes of exercise a day. 1 hour every day is even better. Choose activities that you enjoy (biking, hiking, basketball, etc..) so that exercise is disguised as fun rather than a chore or work.
Finally, (W)est is a reminder to make sure you are drinking plenty of (W)ater. How much? You should be drinking half your body weight in ounces of water every day. So, if you weigh 140 pounds, you should be drinking 70 ounces of water. Water helps you get rid of waste, hydrates your entire body, and a nice side benefit is that it is a zero calorie option to feeling more full. So, drink a full glass of water prior to eating a meal, and you’ll eat less.
Make this the year you join the 8% by reaching your goal of improving and maintaining your health! Just remember to #EncompassYourHealth by living by the health compass. Let us know how you are doing on twitter by using #EncompassYourHealth or tweet us directly @EncompassN.